Monday, January 28, 2008

Mom I'm a star!

It's not easy dealing with this notoriety. So far these musings have been featured in the Wall Street journal, Reuters, some Dutch website called Planet and even a Belgian daily called De Morgen. I've gone global, all that's missing is a mention in Pravda and something in Xinhua.

I'm pretty keen on the attention of the Dutch website, maybe they'll give me a chance at managing a football team in Holland, they are pretty good at football, don't care much for the Belgian's, they are useless at the beautiful game, but the Dutch they know what they are doing. The only thing is that they kit themselves up in that nasty orange gear which would really cramp my style. As long as I could skip all that orange stuff, I'd be happy to manage a Dutch team.

There's a lot of talk going about, some are saying I'm a genius and some are saying I'm a simpleton. Let's be very clear, I am neither, although I am pretty sexy and dress better than the average Jean-Pierre I'm just a normal French chap; I like my wine, I like my soft cheeses and I think the Citroen 2 CV is the greatest piece of design ever. To be sure, if I was a genius, I probably wouldn't have lost 5 billion euros. N'est-ce pas?

I have to admit that I'm getting a bit bored of this sitting about between interrogations. If anyone would be kind enough I could do with a little light relief. I've kind of got my mind set on getting the first series of Prison Break on DVD, I could watch it in between the chat's with Inspector Coluseau. You know Prison Break, its the one with that guy Scofield. I think watching that would be inspiring, but then again he was a structural engineer and I was a trader. Can't see how trading skills or lack thereof would help me in escaping captivity. Talking about structural stuff, I'm really regretting that I went into derivative products and not structured products, if I had chosen a career in the latter I wouldn't be in this mess, because all my positions would have been capital guaranteed. But c'est la vie.

2 comments:

jack said...

Go for it! Write a book & earn the gains

Jerome said...

There's an idea. You think it could make me 5 billion?